Open Water Certification
Want to get Scuba Certified? If you have always wanted to learn to scuba dive so you can experience the unparalleled adventure of the world beneath the waves, now is the time!
Scuba Diving is a fun and exciting activity, but it requires proper training. Our goal is to make you safe, confident and comfortable divers. Get your SSI or PADI scuba diving certification with us in a safe and inclusive environment.
Sign up for your online learning to get started, and come to us for your confined water & open water training dives.
What you can expect to learn
The SSI & PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, independent study, or in a classroom) to understand basic principles of scuba diving. You will dive in to the world of SCUBA and begin learning how diving affects your body, and begin to understand the principles and key skills we use to keep SCUBA safe and enjoyable.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills. During your confined/pool sessions you instructor will teach and demonstrate a specific set of skills to you. You will have the opportunity to practice and show mastery of these skills, while under the supervision of a diving professional in a safe and controlled environment.
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore! This is what you have been waiting for! Your instructor will take you on a minimum of 4 Open Water dives to solidify your understanding of the skills you practiced and mastered in the pool. These dives are often completed at the Blue Grotto Dive Resort, or on a boat out of Boyton Beach or Pompano.
Course Equipment Requirements
This course requires both knowledge development and in-water training.
Your e-learning materials and instruction by one of our professionals are included in the price of the course.
Students will need to either buy or rent scuba gear for the confined water and open water dives. Dive equipment you will need include mask, fins, snorkel, BCD, regulator, dive computer, surface marker buoy, exposure gear such as a wetsuit, and cylinder.
Your course fee includes the use of the following rental gear” BCD, Regulator, Dive Computer, Wetsuit, and Cylinder.
While enrolled in a class with Space Coast Dive Center, you will receive a 10% student discount on all gear purchases.
Students must be 10 years or older, are able to swim, and are medically fit for diving. Please reach out to the Dive Center for an up to date copy of the diver medical form.
The SSI or PADI e-learning portion of your training must be completed to start on your in-water portion of the Open Water Course.
Reach out to us at (321)-723-8888 if you have any questions about these prerequisites.
How do I get Started?
The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified, confident and comfortable diver. During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at local dive sites under the supervision of your Instructor.
We adjust the locations for your training to you and the season. We want you to have the best experience and best conditions for training and diving.
We encourage the eLearning so you can proceed at your pace and schedule, we also provide in person classroom training that will allow you to expand on your knowledge and benefit from the knowledge of our professional SCUBA instructors.
What are your learning options?
- Community 2 Weekend Open Water Course: $599
- Community 1 Weekend Open Water Course: $549
- Semi-Private (4 or more divers & your own schedule) Open Water Course: $700
- 4 Day Private Open Water Course: $799
- 3 Day Private Open Water Course: $899
- Referral Classes (In-Coming or Out-Going) – $475
All Open Water courses include:
- E-Certification Card – you have the option to add a plastic card for an additional fee as listed below
- Dive Site or Boat Fees
- Certificate of Completion
Custom Scheduled Courses can be arranged at your convenience.
Note about certification cards: Both PADI and SSI have migrated away from issuing plastic certification cards. This is an effort by the two agencies to reduce plastic waste. Both PADI and SSI provide students with the option to upgrade or add a plastic certification card at the time of certification. The costs are as follows:
SSI: $25.00 per card
PADI: $50.00 per card
What’ Not Included
Students are required to have the following equipment:
- SCUBA Mask
- Fins & Booties
- Set of Weights
- Surface Marker Buoy
How long will this take?
Community Open Water Classes: 1 – 2 Weeks Private Open Water Courses: 3 – 4 days All Community Open Water classes must have a minimum of 3 students enrolled.
How much is the course?
$549.00 – $899.00
How much are the learning materials?
E-learning Materials Included
Take the Next Step
Want to know more?
Ask more questions or schedule any of these courses Email Us.